martes, 23 de mayo de 2017

Poetry Practice

BED IN SUMMER 
by Robert Louis Stevenson 



In winter I get up at night
 And dress by yellow candlelight 
In summer, quite the other way, 
I have to go to bed by day

I have to go to bed and see 
The birds still hopping on the tree
Or hear the grown-up people's feet 
Still going past me in the street

And does it not seem hard to you, 
When all the sky is clear and blue
And I should like so much to play
To have to go to bed by day

number of lines= 12 lines
number of stanzas= 3 stanzas
Rhyme pattern=   aabb,ccdd, eebb

Figurative language:
Simile
Metaphore  And dress by yellow candlelight= I get dressed at night
Personification
Imaginery

Rhythm=  8 syllables per line


Sandra 😍

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Poetry Practice

BED IN SUMMER  by Robert Louis Stevenson  In winter I get up at n ight  And dress by yellow candlel ight   In summer, quite the other...